William Wallace Sackett (1868-1937)

ksward85@...

Hello, I am trying to find the parents of my great-grandfather, William Wallace Sackett, born abt 1868 in Cleveland City, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States, and died 1937 in Greybull, Big Horn, Wyoming, United States, and was buried in Basin, Big Horn, Wyoming, United States.  He was married to Edith Luella Campbell (1872-1937) in Delta, Colorado and lived there for a time.  His children were Edward Lester Sackett, Claude Raymond Sackett, Marjorie Grace Sackett, Richard Donald Sackett, and Bernice Lorine Sackett.  I don't which Sackett line he was descended from.  I haven't been able to find any information indicating who his parents were.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Ted Smith #55

I, also, have been looking for a connection. I suspect that he may be related to another William Wallace Sackett, b. 18 Aug 1866 in Forest, Livingston County, Illinois, d. 25 Nov 1915 in Big Horn, Sheridan, Wyoming. The similarities in name and age suggest that they might be second or third cousins. However, at this point, nothing is proven.

See https://www.sackett-tree.org/getperson.php?personID=I27217&tree=1 and https://www.sackett-tree.org/getperson.php?personID=I27198&tree=1

There are some male great- and great-great-uncles in the line of William (b. 1866) that have incomplete records.

-- Ted

--
Ted Smith, Administrator of Sackett / Sacket Research Group on groups.io

Richard & Grace Keir #140

I am the contributor of some of the information on William Wallace Sackett b. 1866 who married Emma Watkins.  In looking at what I have at hand, it appears there are too many William Sacketts in the family line going back.  I have not worked on this tree lately, so  i looked at what you (Ted) have on the Sacketts.  I would be nice to determine what the connection is to the other William's in the database.  There are actually 3 William Wallace Sacketts on Findagrave and some other William W's.

Grace Keir (my husband is descended from James Noble Sackett's daughter Lydia)

On 04/23/2021 10:41 AM, Ted Smith #55 wrote:

[...]

Myra Roper #532

I was able to obtain the attached from the Sheridan County Heritage Book, pgs. 787 and 788.  Sorry it is not the William Sackett you are looking for Kathy but does seem to be the one related to Richard Keir.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 10:05 PM ksward85 via groups.io <ksward85=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello, I am trying to find the parents of my great-grandfather, William Wallace Sackett, born abt 1868 in Cleveland City, Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States, and died 1937 in Greybull, Big Horn, Wyoming, United States, and was buried in Basin, Big Horn, Wyoming, United States.  He was married to Edith Luella Campbell (1872-1937) in Delta, Colorado and lived there for a time.  His children were Edward Lester Sackett, Claude Raymond Sackett, Marjorie Grace Sackett, Richard Donald Sackett, and Bernice Lorine Sackett.  I don't which Sackett line he was descended from.  I haven't been able to find any information indicating who his parents were.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Ted Smith #55

Thanks for the files, Myra!

I have merged the two PDFs, extracted the two photos, and uploaded them to Sackett-Tree.org. People can access them from https://www.sackett-tree.org/getperson.php?personID=I27217&tree=1

-- Ted