Re: Sackett Hill Road, Warren, Connecticut

Anne Murray #242

Ellen Paul, curator of the Warren Historical Society, would have any known details about the house. She is the person who took our group there in 2012.

According to wills, the house passed down to Jonathon’s sone Justus (1730-1815) and then to Justus’ son Homer (1765-1853). It probably then passed down to Homer’s son Homer (1801-1871) as both his parents were living with him in 1850. I could not locate a will for Homer (1801-1871) in the Litchfield Probate Court.

Anne Murray

On Jul 20, 2020, at 9:41 AM, Chris Sackett #4 <chris@...> wrote:

Does anyone have any information on a Sackett house in Sackett Hill Road, Warren, Connecticut?

My records suggest that this would have been the home of Jonathan Sacket (1695/96–1773), https://sackettfamily.info/g4/p4444.htm#i4444, who was one of the founding members of the Congregational Church in Warren. However, it would be helpful if anyone has more specific information. Note that Warren was formerly known as Kent.

Please include Natalie in any replies.

Chris Sackett

Begin forwarded message:

From: Natalie Feigenbaum <natalie.feigenbaum@...>
Subject: The Sackett Family Association - Home
Date: 20 July 2020 at 15:00:11 BST

Hello,
My name is Natalie Feigenbaum and my son and daughter-in-law (David and Dana Feigenbaum) recently purchased a home at 52 Sackett Hill Road in Warren, Connecticut, 06754, United States.  They understand that the house was built by the Sackett family in 1740.

Have you any information about who originally lived in the home and if it was built in 1740 as they have been told?  Any other information about the house and the Sackett family as related to the house would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any information you can supply.

Sincerely,
Natalie Feigenbaum

Join main@Sackett.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.