Re: Seeking Help for New England Pilgrimage

Anne Murray #242

Here is the link for the Warren Historical Society. Several of us traveled there in 2012. There is a nice Sackett homestead at the top of Sackett Hill Road. There is also a Carter homestead, which is of note because several Carters married Sacketts. The cemetery is well maintained. The historical society gained a new location around 2013.

Joel mentioned Westfield. The Sackett Family Association had a reunion there in 2012. Here is a summary of that gathering.  The cemetery there has very graves.

Have a great trip!

Anne Murray

On Apr 24, 2021, at 4:25 AM, Joel Graham #719 via groups.io <joel.graham@...> wrote:

You can check out the old warren center cemetery in Litchfield Connecticut and the old burying ground in Westfield Massachusetts.  Both of those have Sacketts and some of their families buried there.

Joel

On Apr 24, 2021, at 1:24 AM, Shep Glennon #736 <shep.glennon@...> wrote:

Are there any churches, old homesteads, burial sites, etc. of the Sackett family in New England I can visit?
Hello Sackett Family, I am going on a tour of New England next week. I am going to Cambridge where the the Sacketts settled when it was New Towne. I am also going to follow the Connecticut River where my Ancestors,  descendants of John Pearce Sackett Sr and his son William, settled. I would love to know of any significant sites in Sackett history to visit on my journey.

Best regards,
Shep Glennon

Join main@Sackett.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.